- 17:10 - 20:10
- 9:40 - 11:20
- 11:20 - 15:20
- 18:45 - 21:35
This is an experimental course which presents the student, through dierent laboratory experiences, the operation and behaviour of dierent power electronics devices. Also, this course provides to the student a general background about software to program a Digital Signal Processor and CPLD, using Code Composer (C) and Quartus (VHDL) respectively. After the student has approved this course, the following specic goals are expected to be acquired:
- The student must be able to understand measurement and protection circuit in power electronics devices.
- The student must be able to recognize and understand the operation of converter topologies such as rectiers, inverters and DC/DC converters.
Prerequisites of this course are dened by the Electrical Department of the Universidad de Santiago de Chile. Nevertheless, it is important the student has an undergraduate-level understanding of the following topics: VHDL and C programming.
- L1: Measurement, Protection and Digital Signal Processor.
- L2: Sampling Time and VHDL programming.
- L3: High power meassurements discretization and alliasing issues.
- L4: IGBT: Switching losses, conductions losses and gate drive configuration.
- L5: Controlled Rectifiers
- L6: DC/DC Booster Converter
- L7: Single-Phase DC/AC Inverter. (PWM) (temptative)
- L8: Three-Phase Inverter (PWM). (temptative)
- L9: Three-Phase Inverter (SVM). (temptative)
- L10: Recuperative session.