After the student has approved this course, the following specic goals are expected to be acquired:
- The student must be able to model linear dynamic systems using Laplace Transform.
- The student mus be able to solve electrical circuits using time/complex frequency representations.
- The student must be able to use engineering tools to desing control systems.
- The student must be able to design, implement and tunning controllers for electrical systems.
Prerequisites of this course are dened by the Electrical Department of the Universidad e Santiago de Chile. Nevertheless, it is important the student has an undergraduate-level understanding of the following topics: Laplace Transform, Kirchhoff Laws and maths at first undergraduate level.
By appointment and after asking exercise assistants.
Most of the content of our lecture can be found in the following book.
- Katsuhiko Ogata, Modern Control Engineering, 3rd Edition, Prenttice Hall, 2009
This book can be downloaded from: http://biblioteca.usach.cl/biblioteca-digital at myilibrary data base.
Furthermore, the lecture notes of Prof. Roberto Cárdenas (U. Chile) are very useful for this course. These notes can be downloaded from: